Monthly Garden Checklist
• Clean out flower and vegetable gardens to discourage diseases and pests from overwintering in your beds.
• Re-program drip system timers for cooler weather and rain.
• Update your garden journal, noting what worked and what didn't work.
• Finish pruning any fruit trees after the last fruit is removed.
• Plant spring bulbs! You have about 2 months to get them in the ground.
• Plant onions, garlic, artichokes and asparagus before frost.
• Direct seed beets, bok choy, spinach, peas, mustard, radishes.
• Plant potatoes now through March.
• Clover, fava beans, or kodiak mustard to improve soil structure in your vegetable garden.